1) Mr. Pratchett sold more than 85 million books worldwide, his stories have been translated to 37 languages.
2) As a kid, Mr. Pratchett wanted to be an astronomer.
3) In the 1990s, Mr. Pratchett was the best-selling author in the UK.
4) He was knighted for services to literature in 2009. Later that year, Mr. Pratchett made himself a sword which contained pieces of some pieces of meteoric iron (thunderbolt iron) which has a special place in magic.
5) Lyn Purves married the author in 1968. The couple had a daughter, Rhianna Pratchett, who is also a writer.
6) The author loved to wear larger, black fedora hats.
7) Mr. Pratchett was one of the first writers to embrace computers and used the Internet routinely to communicate with his fans.
9) Mr. Pratchett was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2007 and became a patron for Alzheimer’s research.
10) Mr. Pratchett described himself as a humanist and was named Humanist of the Year by the British Humanist Association in 2013.
Zohar — Man of la Book
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account