Just in time for Mother’s day, the publisher has made available one (1) copy of “Times Two” AND an unreleased advance MP3s of two of Antigone Rising’s new singles – Borrowed Time and Everywhere is Home to be given out– enter at the end of the post.As the Oscar-nominated film The Kids are Alright reflects, gay parenting, sperm donors, and alternative families are no longer a rarity in our culture. But if you can imagine Annette Benning and Julianne Moore’s characters finding out they are pregnant at the same time, with the same donor, with due dates only three days apart, you might get a sense of the real life story of Kristen Henderson and Sarah Kate Ellis (website), who document their funny and heartwarming path to parenthood in Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made
Sarah, a high-powered magazine executive, and Kristen, a laid-back rock star, fell madly in love and decided to start a family. After determining that Sarah had the better shot at pregnancy, they headed to the fertility doctor. But month after month of drug treatments, miscarriages, and heartbreak left them desperate, and they decided they’d both try at the same time. And then the utterly improbably happened… Written as a she said/she said story, Times Two follows their double dose of hormones, morning sickness, weight gain, birth plans, and excitement. At the same time, it explores the legal and social challenges they faced as a gay couple that no parent should have to endure.
- Contest is for one (1) new copy of “Times Two” AND an unreleased advance MP3s of two of Antigone Rising’s new singles – Borrowed Time and Everywhere is Home.
- There will be ONE (1) WINNER
- Must be a US mailing Address
- Ends Sunday May 15, 2011
- Winners will be chosen using Random.org
- Winners will have 24 hours after my initial contact to write back their mailing address, otherwise alternate winners will be picked
- Lesbian Couple Writes New Memoir About Love, Marriage, and Their Surprise Double Pregnancy (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Vacation In Vietnam A Journey Into Healing (npr.org)
- Robert and Kristen’s Steamy Kisses, Angelina’s New Tattoo, and Kate’s Bikini Bump: The Hottest April Headlines! (popsugar.com)
- FASHIONISTA du jour: Kristin Cottrell-Henderson (fashiondujourdaily.wordpress.com)
- Behind-the-Scenes Photos of Kristen, Beyonce, Gwyneth, and More From the Met Gala! (popsugar.com)