Get your training off to a great start—from basic kicks to practice and tournaments—this book is a perfect introduction to kung fu for beginners. It’s everything you need to get started in kung fu!
Whether you are considering taking up this martial art, or you’ve already started, Kung Fu Basics: Everything You Need to Get Started in Kung Fu – from Basic Kicks to Training and Tournaments by Paul Eng offers an easy, yet comprehensive introduction to everything you need to know to feel confident and be successful.
You’ll learn about:
- The origins of kung fu—philosophy, history and different styles
- What happens in a kung fu class—invaluable tips on choosing the right school, getting ready for your first class, and basic training methods
- The essential elements of the style—stances, footwork, kicks, and hand techniques, with tips on common mistakes and how to get the most power out of each move
- Drill and conditioning exercises—exercises to compliment your training
- Practical ways to improve your kung fu technique—traditional teaching advice of Chinese masters
- Resources—help further develop your knowledge and understanding of kung fu
Giveaway ends: February 28, 2018
Winners must have a valid e-mail address
US Address Only please
Winners will have 24 hours to write back with their address, otherwise an alternate winner will be picked