A Survival Guide for Life: How to Achieve Your Goals, Thrive in Adversity, and Grow in Character by Bear Grylls is a self-help / motivitional book written by the template of all men himself. Mr. Grylls is the host of Man vs. Wild, a successful TV show, and is the ideal outdoor survival expert brand.
The publisher is giving away one copy of this book –to enter fill out the Rafflecoptter form at the end of the post.
- 288 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow (July 2, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062271954
My rating for A Survival Guide for Life — 3
I usually don’t read many self-help books or the dime-store psychology type, but I figured I’d give this one a shot because I know Mr. Grylls has lived an interesting and fascinating life.
A Survival Guide for Life by Bear Grylls (website | Facebook | @BearGrylls) is a series of short narratives (75 in all), many telling anecdotes from the life of the authors tailored and/or manipulated to accommodate the bullet point the narrative tries to make. While this book is not really a “guide” to anything, certainly not to life, it is a quick read and can be picked up at any random point.
Mr. Grylls certainly lived in an interesting and fruitful life, but is an exception to the most of us, not the rule. Very few people I know can actually pass the entrance tests for the British SAS, or survive in the wild with a knife and their bare teeth, or heck – have that square jaw which we only thought existed on comic book superheroes.
The book is interesting do the personal stories and even has moments of genuine motivation. It took me a day to read the whole thing and I even let my daughter (8) to read a few pages which I thought were appropriate.
Giveaway ends: July 17, 2013
US/Canada Shipping Addresses Only
No PO Boxes
Winners will have 24 hours to write back with their address, otherwise an alternate winner will be picked
TLC Book Tour for A Survival Guide for Life by Bear Grylls:
- Monday, July 8th: Serendipity Smiles
- Tuesday, July 9th: Build Your Soul Purpose
- Wednesday, July 10th: Man of La Book
- Thursday, July 11th: Warrior’s Log
- Monday, July 15th: Trail Running Club
- Tuesday, July 16th: Warrior’s Log
- Wednesday, July 17th: Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf
- Wednesday, July 24th: Deva Coaching
- Thursday, July 25th: Literally Jen
- Monday, July 29th: gtylermills
- Tuesday, August 6th: Lit and Life
- Thursday, August 8th: 2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews
- TBD: Breezes at Dawn
Zohar — Man of la Book
Disclaimer: I got this book for free from TLC Book Tours.
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account