Robert A. Heinlein (7 July, 1907 – 8 May, 1988) was an American author who wrote Science Fiction known as the “dean of science fiction writers”.
‘ Robert Heinlein’ © 2009 Donato Giancola
1) Born in Butler, Missouri the author was 6th generation German-American.
2) Heinleins fought in every American war since the American Revolution.
4) Mr. Heinlein was one of the first sci-fi writers to have his works published in mainstream media.
6) Many of Mr. Heinlein works address individual liberty and self-reliance told within the framework of science fiction.
7) In 1974, Mr. Heinlein was named the first Science Fiction Writers Grand Master.
8) The author worn four Hugo Awards and five “Retro Hugos” for works published before the awards existed.
9) Some of the terms Mr. Heinlein works popularized are “space marine”, pay it forward” and “speculative fiction”.
10) During his life Mr. Heinlein published 59 short stories, 32 novels, and 16 collections. Four of his works became feature films (he wrote one of the screenplays), two TV series, and episodes on a radio series.
Zohar — Man of la Book
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account