Isabelle Holland (16 June, 1920 – 9 February, 2002) was an American author know for her mysteries, gothic novels, romantic thrillers and YA novels.
1) Ms. Holland was born in Basel, Switzerland to an American diplomat.
2) During World War II Mr. Holland was serving as an American Counsel in England, but he moved his daughter to the United States.
4) Ms. Holland and Harper Lee became lifelong friends afterwards.
5) Her books focused on very controversial topics (obesity, death, homosexuality, rape).
6) A recurring theme in her books were the effects of alcoholism on families.
8) Ms. Holland wrote more than 50 books.
9) Her first book was published when she was in her later 40s.
10) She died at the age of 81 and she was still working at the time.
Zohar — Man of la Book
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account