E. Nesbit (15 August, 1858 – 4 May, 1924) was an English author who specialized in children’s books.
By The original uploader was Ianerc at English Wikipedia –
Transferred from to Commons., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1820104
1) The author’s real name was Edith Nesbit.
2) The author either wrote or collaborated on more than 60 children fiction books, out of those she wrote approximately 40.
3) Ms. Nesbit was different from her contemporary children authors by not setting her stories in secondary worlds.
4) The author is also credited with inventing adventure stories for children.
5) She also write poems and plays for children.
6) Another contribution of Ms Nesbit was a genre we now call “contemporary fantasy” where children in real-world settings are combined with magical objects.
7) Ms. Nesbit also wrote for adults, she wrote short stories, horror stories and novels.
8) Ms. Nesbit married her husband, Hubert Bland, in 1880, after approximately a three year courtship, when she was seven months pregnant.
9) Bland was not a very good husband and had children by other women (including the maid), which Ms. Nesbit adopted.
Zohar — Man of la Book
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account