1) She was born Alisa Zinov’yevna Rosenbaum on February 2nd, 1905, in Saint Petersburg in the Russian Empire.
2) The author’s family fled to Crimea during the Russian Revolution.
3) I n 1926 Ms. Rand got to visit her relatives in New York City, she than went to Hollywood where she became a screenwriter.
5) In 1932 she managed to sell her first script Red Pawn to Universal Studios. The script was never produced.
6) She loved to collect stamps and play scrabble.
7) Ms. Rand was a heavy smoker and went through lung cancer surgery.
8) She hated small talk.
9) Her favorite perfume was Edwardian Bouquet by the perfume house Floris of London.
10) Ms. Rand was an ardent atheist who despised religion.
Zohar — Man of la Book
*Amazon links point to an affiliate account