Anne Tyler (25 October, 1941) is an award winning American novelist, born in Minneapolis, MN.
- Anne Tyler is the eldest of four siblings.
- Ms. Tyler didn’t attend school until she was 11.
- Ms. Tyler did her graduate work in Russian studies at Columbia University.
- It is difficult to get Ms. Tyler to do face-to-face interviews, book tours or public appearances, however she does make herself available through e-mail.
- Dinner at the Homsesick Restaurant (1983), Ms. Tyler’s ninth novel was a finalist for the Pulitzer and the PEN/Falkner award.
- The Accidental Tourist (1989), Ms. Tyler’s tenth novel, was also a finalist for the Pulitzer and was adapted into an Academy Award winning movie.
- In a brilliant streak, which could be no accident, Breathing Lessons (1989)m Ms. Tyler’s eleventh novel won the Pulitzer.
- Ms. Tyler’s daughter is a book illustrator.
- Eudora Welty is was a major influence on Ms. Tyler
- Many of Ms Tyler’s books are set in Baltimore, MD where she resides.
Zohar – Man of la Book
--- Please like and follow ManOfLaBook.com ---
I love Anne Tyler’s books and have read all of them! Thanks for sharing these facts about one of my favorite authors!