The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Kevin O'Neill, is a wonderful graphic novel which take several famous (and not-so-famous) literary characters and mix them up together for an adventure of a lifetime. I thought it would be fun to read those classic novels and then the graphic novel to see how the creators managed to take such classics and mix them up all together.
Hence I came up with…
1. The goal is to read the classic books and the graphic novel to see how they all tie together. No blog is needed, a review on Amazon, Goodreads, etc. is good enough.
2. What counts: books, eBooks, audio books
3. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
The books are (in no specific order):
– Dracula by Bram Stoker
– Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
– Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
– The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
– The First Men in the Moon by H.G. Wells
– Any Fu Manchu novel
– Any Sherlock Holmes novel
– Any Allan Quatermain novel
– Any James Bond novel
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel to tie it all together. (if you don't have it in your local library Amazon sells affordable issues).
To sign up simply leave a comment below and I'll update the page to include your link.
When you sign up, please put the name of your blog and the direct URL link to your blog post (for example: here is mine) where your books will be listed, not a link to your blog’s home page. Also, please put a link back to this post so other readers can sign up as well.
Feel free to use any of the graphics above for your own personal use.
Thank you and enjoy, these are wonderful books.
- My Reader's Block
- The Conscientious Reader
- Darlene's Book Nook
- Shelf Fulfilment
- The Oliva Reader
- The Children's War
- Knitting and Sundries
- Man of la Book
Zohar — Gentleman of la Book